How have you found the balance of passive and active learning in this course for your learning? How does it compare to your experience in other courses?

I have found with this course there to be more time spent actively learning then passively. I say this as I find the multimedia creations I make tend to take longer than the time it takes me to watch a video and read a few articles. Creating the multimedia pieces has given me the opportunity to use the passive education I am receiving and apply it. For example, when talking about accessible learning and design, I now think about the UDL guidelines as I have had to use them to making a infographic.

Another active learning experience in this course is meeting with my learning pod group mates. I find this time to be valuable to me as it helps me interact with the learning material to really understand it. When I have to demonstrate in blog posts what I have learned which therefore is active learning as I have to apply what I the material.

I would say in my earlier classes in my larger classes there has been less active learning. In my smaller classes and some online classes there has been a focus on group work and active learning. I think it depends on how the instructor sets up the course for the students. In the past I have made courses that have very little active learning opportunities more active by talking to classmates outside of class about the materials and topics. I find this to be the best time I learn is in small groups doing activities so when I get the chance, active learning experiences are fantastic.